Hackney Marsh Partnership Kings Park Moving Together (KPMT) - Community Engagement Officer
Salary: £29640 (pro rata)
Hours: 15hrs/week, full time equivalent is 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to: CEO Hackney Marsh Partnership
Staff reporting: none currently
King’s Park Moving Together (KPMT) is a community project supporting people in the Kings Park ward of Hackney (which includes Kingsmead and Clapton Park Estates) to be more physically active.
Funded by Sport England, the project is helping people to improve their health and wellbeing by being physically active and connected in their local community and beyond.
Hackney Marsh Partnership is a local charity, working in partnership with the Kings Park Moving Together team to form and deliver the project.
We are an independent charity working to ensure local people’s voice count when it comes to shaping the delivery and results of this significant investment in the area. Primarily focused on the Kings Park Ward in the London Borough of Hackney some work may cover all areas within the borough.
1. Work as a member of a small team responsible for the delivery of KPMT project on a local level as agreed with the CEO and KPMT management.
2. Working with the Engagement Manager, and other team members, identify and engage with prospective KPMT participants, communicating aims and benefits of becoming actively involved and sharing experiences
3. On a local level, develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including, residents, local community groups, businesses and voluntary organisations
4. Collate data and write reports on projects and provide recommendations to the people responsible for commissioning, providing and managing the service to enable service improvement and achieve outcomes.
5. Keep up to date with project development and communicate these developments to the local community.
6. Support KPMT representatives on key strategic and decision-making groups and committees
7. As appropriate, support the presentation of analysis of evidence-based community concerns and priorities for key decision-makers including providers, KPMT team, Sport England etc.
8. Support KPMT representatives on key strategic and decision-making groups and committees
9. As appropriate, support the presentation of analysis of evidence-based community concerns and priorities for key decision-makers including providers and funders.
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
● Excellent Communication skills delivering presentations and report writing.
● Willing to support a wide variety of meetings.
● Willing and able to work evenings, weekend as required.
● Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the values of Hackney Marsh Partnership.
Applications in the form of a CV and covering letter, outlining your suitability for the position, should be sent to Gary Burgess at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date is November 30th 2021 and interviews will take place the second week of December.